Alumni “We Got You” Give Back Opportunity
The ‘We Got You’ Alumni program will immediately unite high school alumni with students, Alumni Associations, and ignite a spirit of annual giving to respective schools.
Purpose: To encourage Alumni to donate and locate funds on behalf of high school students, to gain membership licensees to Scholarships R Us, for the purpose of greatly increasing the opportunity to be admitted to Colleges and Universities through athletic and academic scholarships.
Alumni Benefits: Promotes an annual spirit of giving, loyalty, pride and engagement with students, staff, and communities. Provides a pathway for Alumni to support school administrations seeking to establish, build, and maintain a college going culture.
Student Benefits: Unites current student populations with Alumni for financial support, mentorship, community opportunities, and a sense of giving back. Inspires graduation, SAT and ACT Testing, while raising the level of Scholarship Literacy.
Criteria: Alumni and schools may develop certain requirements and criteria, however, it is recommended that immediate focus target high school senior athletes with a minimum GPA of 2.3. Priority will be given to students with SAT, ACT scores and registered with the NCAA Clearing House.
We Send Kids To College!
Scholarships R Us will take full responsibility to help ensure successful outcomes.
Locate key Alumni for each school to introduce the “give back” opportunity and provide a demonstration of the scholarship software.
Contact administrators and sports staff on high school campuses to organize meetings with interested alumni.
Grow alumni data bases and create a system for donations to purchase licenses by individuals, companies, and corporations as recommended by Alumni.
Locate key data from schools about its student populations to help determine strategies for Alumni to best contribute funding.
Use media relationships to promote the ‘We Got You” program and its Alumni involvement and student success in receiving Scholarships and admission to College. Donations are tax deductible: The Academic and Athletic Alliance – 501c3# 52-1811666
Some notable Inglewood HS Alumni:
- Glenn M. Anderson, 37th Lieutenant Governor of California, Congressman
- Coco Crisp, MLB World Series Champion, professional baseball player
- Robert Finch, 38th Lieutenant Governor of California, presidential adviser to Richard Nixon
- Jason Hart, NBA basketball player
- Gail Henley, MLB professional baseball player
- Lawrence Jackson, NFL football player
- Ralph Jackson, NBA basketball player
- Vince Kelley, NBL basketball player
- Gary Kerkorian, NFL football player
- Harold Miner, NBA basketball player
- Edla Muir, architect
- Paul Pierce, NBA basketball player
- Horacio Ramírez, MLB professional baseball player
- Jim Sears, AFL and NFL football player
- Jim Sutherland, college football head coach, class of 1933
- Reggie Theus, NBA basketball player